|Welcome to Tennis Camp at the Dexter Southfield School. We pride ourselves on providing a unique and rewarding experience for your tennis player.|
The Dexter Southfield Tennis Camp, for boys and girls ages 7 through 14, offers a full range of instruction and training for those with significant tournament experience to those with little or no tennis background, and all skill levels in between. Every week our tennis courts are filled with campers improving their tennis skills by participating in activities specifically designed for their individual benefit. Players are placed in training groups based on their age and abilities. As a player improves they transition to a more advanced group.
A Typical Day at Tennis Camp
- 8:00 a.m.—Arrive and Check-In
- 8:15-10:00 a.m.—Session, Part 1
- 10:00–10:20 a.m.—SNACK
- 10:20 a.m.–12:00 p.m.—Session, Part 2
- 12:00 p.m.—Half Day-Campers Depart
- 12:00–12:30 p.m.—LUNCH
- 12:30-3:15 p.m.—Session,Part 3
- 3:30 p.m.—Camp Ends
- 3:30-5:00 p.m.—Optional Extended Day
There are several options available for tennis players:
- Half Day Only: Morning includes tennis from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., OR afternoon tennis from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. This is a week-long commitment. No mid-week changes between half and full day programs are permitted.
- Full Day: Tennis all day with optional swim
- Combinations: (Limited spaces available.) Morning Day Camp, followed by afternoon tennis for campers ages 7 to 14 years old; Morning tennis followed by afternoon Day Camp for campers who have completed grade 1 or higher.; Morning tennis followed by afternoon Sci-Tech Camp for campers who have completed grade 3 or higher.
Note: Because of schedule constraints, AM and PM Sci-Tech and Day Camp activities will be different and not all activities can be offered to split-program campers.
Full Day (8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) — $405.00 per week**
Half Day (8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) — $305.00 per week**
Combination of two camps (8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) — $525.00 per week**
|We have a variety of new items planned for this summer.|
New Outdoor Tennis Courts
We are adding four new hard courts for outdoor play to
complement our four indoor courts.
New Specialized Training Areas
Beyond our eight courts, we will have specialized training
areas designed for both younger and older players, as well
as all ability levels.
New Elite Level Training
With the successful introduction of elite level training last
year, we’re excited to offer a specialized track within the
Tennis Camp to enable exceptional athletes the opportunity
to train for high level tournament competition.
Enhanced Fitness Training
We plan to significantly enhance
our fitness and conditioning program this summer. For our
advanced players, intense fitness training will be utilized to
enable our players to gain a competitive advantage during match
New Rapid Skills Development
For younger campers as well as those with little or no tennis
experience, we will be enhancing and expanding our rapid skills
development curriculum to enable more campers to improve their
skills at a faster pace.
We’re working on a number of additional new items and a few
surprises! So check back often to learn about other new activities
that will be included in this year’s program.